A Cry For Sanity...

Have you ever been talking with someone and when you are walking away you look down and see a massive booger clinging to your shirt? And it takes every ounce of self-control you have to not run back to the person to say, "It's not mine! I have kids!" Here's another question. Have you ever lost it? I mean really lost it? And no matter how hard you search through that big pile of dirty laundry or underneath all of those soiled diapers you just can't seem to find it? Well, yesterday was my day to REALLY lose it. It was a VERY bad day. The kind where everyone has been screaming for so long that it is not possible to think anymore. All rationalization is gone. At this point a loud noise came out of my mouth. I named it, "the Cry of Insanity." I am a little embarrassed to admit it. But, hey, Luke and Isaac both stopped their own screaming simultaniously. Isaac just looked at me like I was crazy. Okay, I have just one more question. Has your husband ever brought home a thirty foot parachute that he bought on Ebay? A picture says a thousand words, and I think this one says it all. My only consolation is that there are 38 neices and nephews on Josh's side of the family that might be able to get some use out of it.



Here are a few cute little stories about Isaac:

Isaac was really sad about something. I said, "Hey Isaac, can I see a smile on your face?" He replied, "No Mom, it's sad."

Isaac, Luke, and I had gone for a walk and Isaac lost his binky while we were out. We went back out and searched long and hard for it and were finally home again sitting in our family room. Isaac asked me again for his binky. I told him it was lost and that we couldn't find it. He sat there thinking hard for a second and then said, "chupete?"(Probably spelled totally wrong, sorry.) That is the spanish word for binky that Josh and I use for code when we don't want Isaac to know we are talking about his binky.










I need to put some better pics up but these are just the ones Josh had on his phone that were more easily accessible than the ones on my camera. I am pathetic, I know! Sorry!










5 comments:

Van Cott Family said...

I just figure, you win some, you lose some! and the more kids you have, regrettably it seems the win day are more fleeting. :) JK (kinda) good luck hope you have a better day! and about that e-bay purchase well. . . he is a Van Cott right?! :)

--Julie
ps some visit us here some time!

Allred's said...

You are hilarious. I love reading your blog. Trust me, we all go through stuff like this daily too, so that is why it is fun to laugh about it later.

Eric and Jill said...

Your boys are so cute!! I love the one with Issac in the tub! and YES, I totally understand that cry of insanity. Mine hasn't been fully audible yet but it can be just as bad. :)

Fielding Family said...

Oh my goodness I totally know what you are going through right now! Having 2 kids 2 and under, a full time teaching job, and a husband who works out of town all week is enough to make me crazy! But we just have to remember to enjoy our time with them now, because way too soon they will be big and we will be sad they grew up so fast! haha hand in there ;)I'm sure you are a fabulous momma!

Amber Joy said...

I think I experienced that "cry of insanity" thing when Colin was about 5 weeks old. He was crying and crying and I had tried just about everything I could think of.... I was exhausted and frustrated that I couldn't "fix" whatever was wrong and finally I just started crying, too. Colin immediately stopped and just starred at me... It was pretty funny, but at the time, I think I just kept crying. :)

You are a GREAT MOMMY, Mary. I know it is rough some days.... I don't know how rough because I only have one, but I can imagine. But I know you are wonderful with those two boys and they just love you to pieces. :)

I love the Isaac stories. He is SUCH a cutie. And I love that you have a name for the binky in spanish and that smart little Isaac figured that out - HaHa.

Luke is adorable. I loved all the pictures. Keep 'em coming! (When you get a chance ;)

Love ya, Mary!

Post a Comment