Handprints on the Storm Door

I just had a little thought I would like to share. I was talking to a woman today who has several grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She just loves babies and wanted to hold Luke and play with Isaac. She told me how when her children were little she always liked to have everything be perfectly clean and neat. She had a storm door that the children would put their hands on to look out and she would always be wiping away handprints. As she was playing with Isaac she said, "Oh, I would give anything to have little handprints on my storm door again." Time with our children goes by too fast. Sometimes I find myself putting off playing with my kids or spending time with them to "wipe the handprints off of the storm door." I hope I can overlook the things that don't matter so that I have more time for the things that do.

Don't worry Grandma's I will put pictures up of Isaac and Luke on my next blog post!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Love this. Thanks for sharing, Mary.

Brienne Shumway said...

So true. It's so important to live in the moment and be with our kids while they are with us. They are too precious.

Amber Joy said...

SO TRUE! I love that reminder. Thank you.

Okay, your blog says Luke is 2 lbs...did you mean 12 lbs? Just curious. Colin is 2 months on 2/6 and I think he'll be at least 11 or 12 lbs and he only started off at 5 lbs 7 oz! How do they grow so fast?! Well... I guess I know the answer to that question... He does like to eat - a lot! Like you said, round the clock feedings, even through the night, is how they get big. :)

Eric and Jill said...

Wow, that's a really great thought. I know Eric's mom would leave stickers on her doors for months just because the kids put them there. I'll have to think about this as I get my routine going to make sure I give LaNea enough time.

Post a Comment