Wonder of Wonders, Miracle of Miracles!

Isaac is weened from his binky! With almost NO effort on my part! Can this be? Almost a week ago now, I spent the day trying to find his binky. He fell asleep for his nap and I continued to look so that if he woke up I could give it to him. Couldn't find it. That night he went to bed without it. Didn't even ask for it. Has only asked for it two times in the last week. Each time I told him I couldn't find it and gave him applejuice instead. This really is a miracle. I truthfully didn't know how I was going to ween him. He loved his binky. I tried several times and gave up and then just decided to stop worrying about it because his speech was ok, his teeth were ok and all other things that can be a problem seemed alright. But this is much better! Isaac basically weened himself. A small miracle for which I am VERY grateful!

Another wonder that I have recently gotten to experience is Luke learning to sit up all on his own. Such a pleasure to watch my babies learn new things. He is so happy when he is sitting up that it makes me think that babies learn a certain amount of self confidence even from these seemingly small things.

The last miracle is that my downstairs is actually clean! Hip Hip Horray! I can bask in the cleanliness of it for a few hours until it becomes a disaster once again! Here is a small poem that gives me some comfort in this regard:
Excuse This House:
Some homes try to hide the fact that children shelter there.
Ours boasts of it openly, the signs are everywhere!
For smears are on the windows, little smudges on the door.
I should apologize, I guess, for toys strewn on the floor.
But I sat down with the children and we played and laughed and read;
And if the doorbell doesn't shine, their eyes will shine instead.
For when at times I'm forced to choose the one job or the other,
I want to be a homemaker-but first I'll be a mother.
-http://www.xmission.com

3 comments:

Aleisha said...

Mary - I love that poem!!! I miss living close to you. I know I'd have so much fun discussing life and kids with you. Your blog always makes me smile. Thanks for posting!!

Nicole said...

I really like that poem. I think I've heard that before but can't remember where. I'll have to use that sometime if that's okay.

Eric and Jill said...

That is a great poem and I hope I can make it reflect in my life. I may stress cleanliness more than I should instead of just enjoying Eric and LaNea's company.
So glad that Isaac helped you out there. And I'm impressed with Luke. LaNea hated sitting, she couldn't/wouldn't sit even at six months.

Post a Comment